Provide Construction Engineering in accordance with project requirements and procedures.
• Develop Construction Engineering Technology in line with Company Policy and Procedures.
• Ensure all operations are under control and carried out in accordance with Company, National and International Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
• Carry out construction engineering work to standards and procedures within the home office.
• Examine engineering proposals for constructability.
• Maintain the necessary records to ensure full quality assurance requirements are met.
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of those engineers assigned to him.
• Carry out construction feasibility and method studies.
• Develop temporary facilities layouts, laydown facilities, traffic and heavy load movement studies as required by the construction coordination.
• Establish in conjunction with planning group realistic schedules for construction engineering and lifting activities.
• Carry out lifting and transportation studies.
• Prepare requisitions for heavy lift, transport and infrastructure contractors.
• Review and assess improvements, latest developments in construction equipment and tools.
• Liaise with field staff on construction engineering matters.
• Maintain and develop the implementation of computers aided design facility in Construction Operations.
• Ensure that all operations under his control are carried out in accordance with the Company’ Health and Safety Policy.
• Investigate and develop novel construction engineering techniques as required.
5+ Post graduate experience in Mechanical Engineering at major Oil & Gas/ Industrial Construction projects.
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Civil and Industrial Construction
• Good communications skills, Fluent English is a mandatory requirement
• Education and Training: Graduate of a university or similar technical school in Mechanical Engineering; or closely related curriculum. Note: Extensive construction experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirements.